James Pennebaker, Ph.D. The Secret Life of Pronouns: What Our Words Say About Us
View the book on Amazon
Dr. Pennebaker is Professor of Psychology at the University of Texas at Austin. He is the premier researcher of exploring the links between traumatic experiences, expressive writing, natural language use, and physical and mental health.
– How content and function words are processed differently in the brain
– How the use of pronouns in expressive writing predicts improvements in health and mental health
– How changes in writing style is related to changes in emotional state
– The difference in language use between suicidal and nonsuicidal poets
– How language style matching can be used to optimize couple and group functioning