Kenneth Barish, Ph.D., Pride and Joy: A Guide to Understanding Your Child’s Emotions and Solving Family Problems
Dr. Barish, Ph.D. is Clinical Associate Professor of Psychology at Weill Medical College, Cornell University. He maintains a practice in child and adolescent psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, and neuropsychological testing in Hartsdale, NY.
– Reasons why it is important to focus on children’s emotions, rather than solely on behaviors
– How criticism and encouragement differentially impact children
– The role of Carol Dweck’s research and how it impacts a child’s approach to future tasks
– The role of play and how it helps understand the child’s worldview
– Advice for new therapists working with children