Glenn Ally, Ph.D. – What it’s Like to Be a Psychologist with Prescriptive Authority
Dr. Ally has been a licensed psychologist in Louisiana for 33 years, and a medical psychologist with prescriptive authority for the past 8 years. He is past president of APA Division 55, the American Society for the Advancement of Pharmacotherapy.
– How being able to prescribe medicine may change the types of patients seen in practice
– Ways to develop referral partnerships with physicians and community organizations
– Two negative aspects of being able to prescribe for patients
– How reimbursement for services is affected by ability to prescribe medication
– How malpractice premiums are impacted by having the ability to prescribe medication