Philip Kleespies, Ph.D. “Psychologist suicide: Incidence, impact, and suggestions for prevention, intervention, and postvention” in Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, June 2011.
Dr. Kleespies is a consultant in mental health in the Boston VA Healthcare System and an Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at Boston University School of Medicine.
– The incidence of suicide in mental health professionals
– How colleagues react to the suicide of a psychologist
– How patients react to the suicide of their psychotherapist
– Colleague assistance programs
– Self-care as a preventive intervention
– Effects of a patient suicide on the mental health professional
– Importance of a professional will