Jeremy Safran, Ph.D. Psychoanalysis and Psychoanalytic Therapies
View the book on Amazon
Dr. Safran is professor of psychology at the New School for Social Research in New York City and a faculty member at the Stephen A. Mitchell Center for Relational Studies. He is past president of the International Association for Relational Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy.
– Why psychoanalysis has become increasingly marginalized in our health care system
– Important changes in North American psychoanalysis in the past 20 years, and the evolution that led to these changes
– How psychoanalysis may be practiced differently across the world
– Influences other than Freud on current psychoanalytic thinking
– The differences in a one-person vs. two-person perspective on the therapeutic relationship