Leslie Heinberg, Ph.D. – Conducting Presurgical Evaluations Prior to Weight Loss Surgery
Dr. Heinberg is Director of Behavioral Services for the Bariatric and Metabolic Institute at Cleveland Clinic.
– The reasons most programs require a psychological evaluation for many or all of their patients
– The frequency of the most common co-morbid psychiatric diagnoses in this patient population
– The most common behavioral/mental health contra-indications for surgery
– A way of communicating to a patient that they may not be ready for surgery at this time
– How a mental health professional functions as part of a surgical team