Susan McDaniel, Ph.D., coauthor (with William Doherty and Jeri Hepworth), Medical Family Therapy and Integrated Care (2nd Edition)
Dr. McDaniel, is the Dr. Laurie Sands Distinguished Professor of Families & Health, the director of the Institute for the Family in the Department of Psychiatry, associate chair of the Department of Family Medicine, and the director of the Patient- and Family-Centered Care Physician Coaching Program at the University of Rochester Medical Center.
– A definition of Medical Family Therapy
– How Medical Family Therapy is relevant to healthcare reform
– Activities of a medical family psychotherapist within a health care setting
– How one can be in independent practice and practice medical family therapy
– Two challenges in doing this type of work