John Sommers-Flanagan, Ph.D., co-author (with Rita Sommers-Flanagan) How to Listen So Parents Will Talk and Talk So Parents Will Listen
View the book on Amazon
Dr. Sommers-Flanagan is Associate Professor in the Department of Counselor Education at the University of Montana and a mental health consultant with Trapper Creek Job Corps.
– The importance of collaborating with parents rather than adopting the role of expert teacher
– The four main ways that parents can and do influence their children?
– How to apply the technique of “Backwards behavior modification”
– The three parts of a parent consultation session
– The influence of being a parent when doing parent training