Home Study Course, recorded from the live webinar:
Create Educational Handouts That People Will Read, Keep, and Pass On to Others
- Detailed syllabus
- 3 solid hours of recorded webinar presentation.
- All the Powerpoint slides in pdf format
- Downloadable samples, exercise sheets and cheat sheets for finding high quality sources online for written content, images and more
Fact sheets, tips sheets and other handouts are ideal for marketing your practice:
- They provide a sample of what you know and how you can help people
- They help to brand you as an expert
- When placed in a waiting room or on a bulletin board, your handout is in front of groups of people who might need your services.
- When a referring professional gives your handout to a patient or client, it’s an endorsement of you and your services.
- Unlike business cards and brochures, handouts are more likely to be read and kept. If the information is valuable to the reader, he or she will share it with others.
This 3-part webinar recording will guide you through the steps of crafting professional and effective handouts – An ethical and painless way to market your practice. Includes templates, resources and practical tips that you can apply to all your writings and presentations for the public.
- List three ways that educational handouts benefit both you and the public
- Adapt outlines and templates for your own fact sheets and tips sheets
- Use advanced internet search techniques to quickly find high-quality content for your handouts, without violating copyright laws
- Apply writing and editing techniques to make your message more powerful
- Apply layout techniques to create easy-to-read documents
- List ways to distribute your handouts for maximum exposure, offline and online
- Revise and repurpose your handout content for other projects
Optional: 3 APA CE credits: $24 TPI members / $30 nonmembers Details here.
In order to earn 3 CE credits you must be present at all three workshop sessions in their entirety, and fill out an evaluation form at the end. No partial credits given.
♥ Testimonial (from a recent live presentation of this workshop):
“Of the three days at the Pennsylvania Psychological Association convention, Dr. Wallin’s workshop on creating educational handouts was the most helpful and meaningful workshop that I attended.”
— Kimberly Weeks, MS