Anne Marie Albano, Ph.D., Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Social Phobia in Adolescents: Stand Up, Speak Out Therapist Guide (Programs that Work)
Dr. Albano is an Associate Professor of Clinical Psychology in Psychiatry and Director of the Clinic for Anxiety and Related Disorders in the Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Columbia University Medical Center.
– How social phobia is different from the usual experiences of adolescence
– The role of parents in the development and maintenance of social anxiety
– The important components of a treatment protocol for social anxiety with children and adolescents
– The role of medication in this treatment approach
– How this program generalizes to college-aged students
– Cultural diversity issues in the development and treatment of social phobia in this population