Charles Kellner, MD, Brain Stimulation in Psychiatry: ECT, DBS, TMS and Other Modalities
Dr. Kellner is Professor of Psychiatry and Director of the Division of Geriatric Psychiatry at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine and Director of the ECT service at the Mount Sinai Hospital.
– The types of patients most appropriate for ECT
– The procedures involved in conducting ECT
– How long the effects of ECT last
– The basics of other types of brain stimulation techniques
– The role of significant others in the ECT process