Jeff Zimmerman, Ph.D.: Adding a Clinician to Your Practice: What You Need to Know
Recorded July 27, 2016
If your practice is growing and close to full, now is the time to consider adding one or more clinicians. TPI co-founder Jeff Zimmerman, Ph.D., ABPP, has had extensive experience in building practice groups. For 22 years he was the managing partner of an interdisciplinary practice that grew to 7 offices with 20 clinicians.
In this Interview with the Experts, Dr. Zimmerman explains options for expanding your practice, along with financial and other implications.
- Pros and cons of adding an employee
- Compensation models
- Computing the compensation you can afford to pay
- The difference between Independent Contractor (1099) vs Employee (W-2), and implications of each
- The Employment Agreement (do not compete, hold harmless, etc.)
- What if things don’t work out